PRIVACY AND COOKIE NOTICEDavid T. Scott & Associates, LLC (“DTS,” “us,” or “we”) is committed to respecting your privacy. We want you to be familiar with what information we collect relating to you, your computer, or your device that enables your identification (“personal information”) and why and how we use and disclose that Personal information.
WHAT PERSONAL INFORMATION WE COLLECT
We may collect and process the following Personal information about you:
- Information that you provide by filling in forms on the Site or on our social media pages or in connection with our advertisements;
- If you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence;
- Information that you provide in order to benefit from a particular feature or participate in a particular activity, such as when you sign up to receive emails from us; and
- Information that we receive from joint marketing partners.
We may combine your Personal information with other information we have collected from you or from other sources, whether on- or offline. We treat the combined information as Personal information.
HOW WE USE YOUR INFORMATION
DTS may use personal information collected through the Services for the following purposes:
- to respond to your inquiries, requests, or complaints;
- to improve our level of service;
- to ensure that content of the Services is presented in the most effective manner for you and your device;
- to provide you with information, products, or services that you request from us;
- we use Traffic Data and other Personal Information to let you know products, and services that we think may be of interest to you, including through direct mail, email, on our Site, through the Services, and on third party sites;
- for our own administrative and quality assurance purposes, including for data analysis and identifying Service usage trends;
- to prevent misuse or improper use of the Services;
- as we believe to be necessary or appropriate: (a) to comply with applicable law or legal process, including laws outside your country of residence; (b) to respond to requests from public and government authorities, including public and government authorities outside your country of residence; (c) to enforce our terms and conditions; (d) to protect our operations or those of any of our affiliates; (e) to protect our rights, privacy, safety or property, and/or that of our affiliates, you, or others; and (f) to allow us to pursue available remedies or limit the damages that we may sustain; and
- for other purposes described at the point where we collect personal information from you.
HOW WE SHARE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION WITH OTHERS
DTS may share Personal information with third parties only as described in this Privacy Notice or as otherwise described at the point where we collect the information about you, including:
- Affiliates: We may transfer or disclose personal information to our affiliated companies for the purposes described in this Privacy Notice.
- Third Party Service Providers: DTS may engage third parties to provide administrative and technical services to us, such as website hosting services, which may require the transfer of your personal information to such third parties for processing and storage.
- Business Partners: We may share information with third party marketing companies and advertising partners, who may use the information to deliver advertisements about our services and about third-party services that may be of interest to you by mail, email, on this Site, on our social media pages, or on other websites.
- Legal: In certain circumstances, we may be required to release your personal information in response to a court order, subpoena, search warrant, law or regulation. We also reserve the right to cooperate with law enforcement authorities in investigating and prosecuting users who violate our rules or engage in behavior that is illegal or harmful to DTS or individuals or the personal information we are responsible for.
- Corporate Transactions: We may disclose your personal information to a third party in connection with a corporate reorganization, merger, sale, joint venture, assignment, transfer or other disposition of all or any portion of our business, assets or stock, including in connection with any bankruptcy or similar proceedings. If we disclose personal information to complete a corporate transaction, DTS will comply with applicable law and require the buyer, assignee or transferee to do so as well.
As you navigate the Site or otherwise use the Services, certain Traffic Data may be passively collected, meaning it is gathered without your actively providing it. This is done using the following technologies in the following ways:
- IP Addresses: An IP address is a unique identifier that certain electronic devices use to identify and communicate with each other on the Internet. When you visit our Site, we may view the IP address of the device you use to connect to the Internet. We use this information to determine the general physical location of the device and understand from what geographic regions our website visitors come. We also may use this information to enhance our Services.
- Through Your Browser: Certain information is collected by most browsers, such as your Media Access Control (MAC) address, computer type and operating system type and version screen resolution, and Internet browser type and version. Just as IP addresses, we may use this information to enhance our Services and user experience.
- Using Monitoring Tools: The Services may utilize pixel tags, web beacons, clear GIFs, Flash Shared Objects, HTML5 Local Storage, HTML5 Mini Databases, and other similar technologies, both on certain aspects of the Site and in HTML-formatted e-mail messages to you. These monitoring tools are used for the purpose of, among other things, compiling statistics about Service usage and response rates, and tracking the activities of users of the Site and e-mail recipients. We may use this information to improve the Services and to deliver offers that we think may be of interest to you.
- Do Not Track: We do not track your behavior across third party websites. Our Site currently does not respond to “Do Not Track” (DNT) signals and we operate as described in this Privacy Notice whether or not a DNT signal is received, as there is no consistent industry-standard for compliance.
We will maintain the levels of protection of your personal data in accordance with data protection laws and take reasonable precautions to keep your personal information safe from loss, unauthorized access, modification or disclosure. You should be aware that no security measure is guaranteed to be 100% secure and you should always take appropriate security measures to protect your personal information, including ensuring that you have up-to-date antivirus software.
LINKS TO OTHER SITES
HOW WE STORE INFORMATION AND YOUR RIGHTS
We retain your personal information for no longer than is necessary for the purposes for which it has been collected, unless a longer period is required by law. Thereafter, Personal information will be removed, destroyed or deleted.
You can unsubscribe from certain emails from DTS by clicking on the “unsubscribe” link they contain. You can opt-out of the use of certain cookie-related processing by following the instructions in the Section of this Notice called Cookies and Other Passive Collection Technologies.
Online Privacy for Children
We are committed to protecting the privacy of children. We do not intend to collect personally identifiable information from children under 18 years old.
If you have any concerns or complaints about the manner in which your personal information has been collected or handled by DTS, or any queries in regard to this Privacy Notice or DTS’s privacy practices, you can contact DTS at Brian.Sims@ConsultDTS.com, or 571-403-1841 located at 3033 Wilson Blvd, Suite 700, Arlington, VA 22201.
We will only use personal information in the manner described in the Privacy Notice in effect when the information was collected from you. However, we reserve the right to change the terms of this Privacy Notice at any time (for example due to changes in data protection laws) by posting revisions to our Site with a new “Last Updated” date. We will take adequate and reasonable action to provide notice or obtain your consent if required by law as a result of any such change.
LAST UPDATED: 26 October 2020