Project Manager Job Description
DTS is a Service-Disabled Veteran Owned Small Business that serves public- and private-sector clients. DTS excels at helping our clients respond to daunting challenges related to program management/governance, strategic planning/organizational advancement, business process efficiency, and learning enhancement. Our associates have executed strategic planning, Program Management Office, organizational effectiveness, business process improvement, training, and program support contracts. Our staff is comprised of seasoned experts with exceptional military, civilian, and private sector experience.
DTS is looking for a Project Manager. The customer is located in Washington, DC metro area. This position will have daily interaction with customer leadership as well as immediate quality oversight on the performance of all DTS and subcontract personnel. The will be empowered to make immediate, time sensitive decisions, and collaborate with the corporate leadership as necessary.
This individual should be able to communicate well with all levels of the organization, identify and suggest new processes and ideas that will facilitate the business processes, demonstrate flexibility and attention to detail, meet deadlines, work independently when required, and work well with others demonstrating the highest levels of customer service.
Ideal candidates will possess the following attributes / skills:
- Demonstrated knowledge, extensive experience in the development of solutions, recommendations, or outcomes across multiple complex tasks in multiple organizations
- Excellent interpersonal skills and a client-focused demeanor
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Ability to listen and accept constructive criticism
- Strong organization skills, accustomed to working as a part of a dynamic project team with shifting work priorities
- Positive demeanor and public speaking/presentation skills
- Knowledge of Department of Defense and Government processes, procedures, and standards
- Experience managing government contracts and meeting contractual requirements
- Proficiency using full suite of Microsoft tools, including Microsoft Project
- Defining project objectives and strategic direction
- Providing leadership and vision to client and project teams and serves as a key facilitator between multiple teams to achieve objectives of complex efforts
- Directing activities of team members or other staff as necessary
- Provide guidance and recommendations regarding changes to project status and contractual requirements.
- Manage the client relationship and answer client questions about high level requirements, project financials, personnel and staffing, contractual items, and final completion and submission of monthly reports
- Maintain project budget
- Hiring/staffing task orders as appropriate
- General project administration – time sheets, expense reports, etc.
- Specific project/schedule monitoring – to ensure contractual and client requirements are on budget and on time
- Oversee quality control
- Ensure compliance with government and corporate policies and maintain consistent communications across team
- Communicate effectively among team members
- Experience working directly with clients and key stakeholders
- Experience with federal government contract support
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Extensive prior project management experience/leadership experience required
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills, both technical and business focused
- Work Experience includes eight (8) years of operational experience in government or industry and a minimum of five (5) years of experience managing projects
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills, both technical- and business-focused
- Experience leading a diverse team of individuals/personalities
- Must have strong communication skills
- Must be dedicated to developing and delivering outstanding work in a collaborative environment.
- Must hold or be able to obtain a federal government security
- Location: Washington DC metro area
- Compensation: Commensurate with Experience
If you are a highly motivated individual looking for a position that will challenge your skill set while providing invaluable experience, please email your resume and salary requirements to Jobs@consultDTS.com.