Instructional Designer Job Description
DTS is a Service-Disabled Veteran Owned Small Business that serves public- and private-sector clients. DTS excels at helping our clients respond to daunting challenges related to program management/governance, strategic planning/organizational advancement, business process efficiency, and learning enhancement. Our associates have executed strategic planning, Program Management Office, organizational effectiveness, business process improvement, training, and program support contracts. Our staff is comprised of seasoned experts with exceptional military, civilian, and private sector experience.
DTS is looking for an Instructional Designer. The customer is located in Washington, DC metro area. The job will require both online (eLearning) and instructor led training.
This individual should be able to communicate well with all levels of the organization, identify and suggest new processes and ideas that will facilitate the business processes, demonstrate flexibility and attention to detail, meet deadlines, work independently when required, and work well with others demonstrating the highest levels of customer service.
- Develop and implement innovative training programs that support various clients’ learning objectives related to technical training needs
- Develop alliances and work with Subject Matter Experts (SME) and industry professionals to develop course content and learning elements, as well as to ensure content accuracy and appropriateness
- Support the content conversion and development of materials
- Assist in designing diagrams, illustrations, and learning activities and images to support written content
- Manage and coordinate the review process to ensure content accuracy
- Write content for Web-based training with the help of SMEs
- Collaborate with a team of graphic professionals to take the courseware to an electronic format
- Review existing materials to see if they fit and can be used or re-purposed into content for specific learning paths
- Develop creative solutions to aid the client in doing their job
- A background in Instructional System Design (ISD) is preferred but skills in teaching, coaching, or mentoring are required
- Ability to learn new subjects quickly
- Ability to work directly with clients and key stakeholders
- Experience with federal government is a plus
- BS/BA degree preferred in English/Journalism or Education/Instructional Design/ e learning
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills, both technical and business focused
- Must possess strong knowledge of adult learning concepts and business training methodologies
- Must have strong communication skills, with a focused and inventive consultative style
- Must be dedicated to developing and delivering outstanding work in a collaborative environment
- Must be familiar with Adobe Captivate or able to quickly learn to develop courses in Adobe Captivate
- Experience with Learning Management Systems (LMS) or tools like Camtasia Studio are a plus
- Location: Washington DC metro area
- Compensation: Commensurate with Experience
If you are a highly motivated individual looking for a position that will challenge your skill set while providing invaluable experience, please email your resume and salary requirements to Jobs@consultDTS.com.